[RESULTS UP] ASSIGNMENT 5 : SPORTS-INSPIRED

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

[RESULTS UP] ASSIGNMENT 5 : SPORTS-INSPIRED

Post by Joan Talls on Mon Jun 11, 2012 9:35 am

First topic message reminder :

The Olympic Games are about to start in less than 50 days in London. The whole fashion community has been inspired by the sport high-mass. Open up nearly any magazine this month and you’ll see a special on the London Olympics and/or a fashion special themed around all things sporty. So, it's now your turn to play with the sport codes and get inspired by its universe. Of course, we don't want to see your model in any kind of track suit. REMAIN FASHION LADIES! So what you'll have to do this time is a real work on styling, we'll have to see sport and fashion in one style. Capture in your pictures the themes of athleticism, health and fitness.

Exemple Pictures

Spoiler:

- Editing is allowed
- Respect your makeovers

- Good quality & size
- Creativity and good use of the theme
- A STUNNING model

Picture allowed : 1
Categorie of shot :Full body shot to american shot
(see the Categories of shot in the coaching section)

As we all always say, you are in a fashion competition, so please never present a picture with your model only standing, default sitting or walking. Custom poses are there for a reason so use them, your pictures will be much better. The competition is about high fashion & modeling so we'll be really hard on pictures that are not using a good pose !

If you are not creating your own poses, you got a lot of custom poses on the community, you can find them on the
SFTNF Catalogue
or on [url=]http://mysims3blog.blogspot.com/search/label/Custom%20Poses]MS3B[/url]

And don't forget that many TUTORIALS are there just to help you, they are very helpful so don't hesitate.

The SFTNF team wish you the best of luck !

RESULTS

Before posting the results, I'd like to say you something girls. It seems that a lot of you has misunderstood the theme and what we were looking for this week... It was clearly written that we wanted to see HEALTH, FITNESS and ATHLETISM in your picture, and more than that it was about sport in a fashion and elegant way. Not streetstyle. So the only advice I can give you is to read twice the text before starting your picture, and more than everything, do some researches on the Internet to find great inspirations.

So, the first one I'm going to call reach the first place for the first time in the competition...
Spoiler:
Camelia!

Cassidy-Rose evaluation

Theme 8/8
Model's face 13/13
Style 8/9
Overall picture 9/10

TOTAL 38/40

Joan evaluation

Theme 8/8
Model’s face 12/13
Style 7.5/9
Overall Picture 9/10

TOTAL 36.5/40

Ah Camelia ! I’ve been waiting for that number one picture from you ! This is the best best picture of the week ! You understood the theme as I was expecting it ! You choosed a real sport, a play around the styling of this sport : the flowing miniskirt. You did that in a fashion way ! The picture is well made and I love how Camelia looks ! The picture is gorgeous, even if the size is a bit too small but the quality is here. Congratulations !

Pia evaluation

Theme 8/8
Model's face 12/13
Style 8/9
Overal Picture 10/10

TOTAL 38/40

Last week, your picture was nice but they're was something missing. This week you do your best and your picture works ! You understood the meaning of the assingment and you're the best this week !
The theme is totally respected. To be honest, i don't know anything about tennis but i have to admit that your picture completely remains me tennis. So, well done !
Camelia is gorgeous and her woman's attributes are well highlited ! Maybe i would have work a little more on the make up to go out from the basic sport's picture.
I love her dress. (you may have try white, it's tennis' color !) Think about playing with accessories and it will be perfect !
We really find a tennis court. I love the background and the colors of the sky. Amazing work !

Next up is...
Spoiler:
Sofia!

Cassidy-Rose evaluation

Theme 8/8
Model's face 12/13
Style 8/9
Overall picture 10/10

TOTAL 38/40

Joan evaluation

Theme 1/8
Model’s face 10/13
Style 8/9
Overall Picture 9/10

TOTAL 28/40

Your picture is really beautiful, the quality is gorgeous, you choosed well the background and did well on the edits as well, BUT we asked for sports, not streetwear. It seems that you misunderstood the theme and what we were looking for. It’s not sport enough and not fashion enough. It’s too casual and streetwear. More than that, Sofia is beautiful as always but the pose disturbed me a bit… It looks surnatural. So be careful to the theme next time, you’re too good to miss it !

Pia evaluation

Theme 8/8
Model's face 13/13
Style 6/9
Overal Picture 9/10

TOTAL 36/40

Last week you did a beautiful picture and i was curious to see how you can manage with a theme like "sport inpired". And i have to say that i'm not disappointed at all !
You really understood the theme and you're picture is stunning. The atmosphere is here and we have a Sofia more beautiful than ever !
Her expression is so sexy ! The chosen pose is good (be careful, there's a problem with the leg!) and Sofia looks so strong and fierce !
I love the styling too ! It's simple but we can see the dancer in her (i'm a dancer too and i would have wear this outfit to rehearse !)
Amazing work ! When i see how you understand the assignments and how you interpret them, i'm sure you'll go far !

We welcome in the TOP 3...
Spoiler:
Jordan!

Cassidy-Rose evaluation

Theme 8/8
Model's face 12/13
Style 9/9
Overall picture 6/10

TOTAL 35/40

Joan evaluation

Theme 6/8
Model’s face 11/13
Style 8/9
Overall Picture 9/10

TOTAL 34/40

I like how minimalist your picture looks. Having said that, it’s not really the type of shot I’d have choosed, as long as it was a styling assignment, you should have focus your eye on the styling, the only thing we see here is Jordan’s face. More than this, we asked you to respect your makeovers, here you cut her hair which reduced your rate for the theme… Except that, your picture was one of my favorite this week ! And the quality is insane ! Carry on !

Pia evaluation

Theme 8/8
Model's face 11/13
Style 7/9
Overal Picture 5/10

TOTAL 31/40

Last week, i wasn't totally convinced by your picture. This week i'm shared, again.
The theme is respected, we can sport in Jordan's outfit and with the background.
She's gorgeous. I love her strong attitude. You did good job on editing on her face and the make up is stuning.
For the style, i'm shared ! I love how you added sport in this glamorous outfit with the blue stripes but i would have seen more accessories like a long necklace to give more "girly" style.
Even if you understood the idea of this assignment, i find the background really empty, and with the mirror effect it's really disturbing. Work a little more on your decor and it will be much better. But you did good work, continue like this!

Next up is...
Spoiler:
Allison!

Cassidy-Rose evaluation

Theme 8/8
Model's face 12/13
Style 8/9
Overall picture 8/10

TOTAL 36/40

Joan evaluation

Theme 2/8
Model’s face 9.5/13
Style 7.5/9
Overall Picture 8.5/10

TOTAL 27.5/40

I had great expectation for you this week. I know you could fit the right style between sport and elegance. And unfortunately, as many this week, you did streetstyle. So for me the theme is not respected. Having said that, I like how you edit the picture and the feeling of movement and modernity you gave to it. I hope to see the Allison back in the top 3 next week !

Pia evaluation

Theme 5/8
Model's face 10/13
Style 3/9
Overal Picture 5/10

TOTAL 23/40

Last week i was really disappointed by your picture. This week i find it better and i saluate the idea but it's not really "fashion" !
The sport's theme is respected but you don't have the fashion way in your picture. You focused on sport and it misses the glamourous side.
Allison is beautiful and i like how her boy's side is shown. But i don't really like the outfit you chose.
I find that your background is good and you may have done something really cool with a fashion outfit !
I would like to see more from you because i know you can do better !

So, we have in the bottom two this week...

Spoiler:
Leeloo

Cassidy-Rose evaluation

Theme 6/8
Model's face 10/13
Style 7/9
Overall picture 6/10

TOTAL 29/40

Joan evaluation

Theme 1/8
Model’s face 8.5/13
Style 5/9
Overall Picture 5/10

TOTAL 19.5

You too did not really understand the theme this week… We asked for a sport to be styled in a fashion and elegant way… You did streetstyle dancing thing… That couldn’t match ! More than this I don’t really like the styling itself, it’s over colored and not really fashionable. I don’t really like the setting as well… It’s such a shame you could have done brilliant with this theme. But as asked, I don’t see athletism, fitness or health in your picture, you should have read the text twice !

Pia evaluation

Theme 6/8
Model's face 11/13
Style 7/9
Overal Picture 8/10

TOTAL 32/40

Last week, i was amazed by your picture. And this week i love it too ! Leeloo is gorgeous and it works !
You understood what we asked you and i love all the colors of the picture ! It Rocks !! The background is well chosen too !
Leeloo looks stuning ! I like her hair, and the make up gives strenght to her look. She's really amazing.
I love her style ! You perfectly mix the watercolor splashes' leggins with the dirty short and all those colors work together. I also love how you accessorize the outfit. The hat is original and gives some fun !
Great job ! I was expecting about you and i'm glad to see what you did ! Continue like this !

AND

Spoiler:
Kiara Ezmeralda

Cassidy-Rose evaluation

Theme 1/8
Model's face 12/13
Style 6/9
Overall picture 10/10

TOTAL 29/40

Joan evaluation

Theme 1/8
Model’s face 9/13
Style 7/9
Overall Picture 9.5/10

TOTAL 26.5

I know you worked on more than two pictures this week, but it seems that you picked the wrong one, the judges and coaches already told you that this one didn’t work but you decided to publish it anyway… It’s to fashion that we can’t see the sport AT ALL, right Kiara is in a pool with a swim hat, but where’s the sport, the athletism, the fitness ? Hopefully, you did great all the competition long that could save you but honestly with this shot you’re out…

Pia evaluation

Theme 3/8
Model's face 13/13
Style 4/9
Overal Picture 5/10

TOTAL 25/40

Last week you were my favorite. I was expecting a lot from you and i'm so disappointed !
Your picture is stuning but i'm not sure that you really understood the assignment...
We wanted fashion AND sport, and here nothing reminds me swimming. There are so many fashion swimsuits that i'm astonised you used a dress !
Kiara looks gogeous and i totally love the make up that gives her a mermaid's look. There's a real atmosphere and the background is weel chosen !
I'm so sorry to give you bad marks because i'm totally in love with your picture but it not matches with the assignment...

DETAILED SCOREBOARD
Spoiler:

So, as long as there's a tie between both Kiara and Leeloo, we must take in account the ratings since the start of the competition...
And the model that will be with us next week is...

Spoiler:
KIARA!

Leeloo, congratulations for giving us beautiful pictures week after week, you are an incredible contestant, and I know you'll do GREAT!

Last edited by Joan Talls on Mon Jun 18, 2012 8:21 pm; edited 6 times in total

______________________________________________________________________________________________________
C.
Joan Talls
Fashion Legendary

Male Posts : 548
Fashion points : 100273

http://www.thesimsresource.com/artists/Cbon73

Back to top Go down

Re: [RESULTS UP] ASSIGNMENT 5 : SPORTS-INSPIRED

Post by Saphira Silvermoon-Chanel on Sun Jun 17, 2012 2:46 pm

Agreed with the 2 ones above me and wish you all the same <3

______________________________________________________________________________________________________
To be successful, the first thing to do is fall in love with your work.
Saphira Silvermoon-Chanel
Trendsetter in Training

Female Posts : 204
Fashion points : 819

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Amila-Chanels-magical-Sim-Source-R

Back to top Go down

Post by Roxanne on Sun Jun 17, 2012 4:29 pm

These are all fabulous photos! Really hard to choose a favorite Smile Good luck to you all....
Roxanne
As Anitat103

Female Posts : 417
Fashion points : 363

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicolla on Sun Jun 17, 2012 4:40 pm

Im happy to not be in anymore because i cant compete with any of you guys! YOUR ALL SO AMAZING!!!
Nicolla
As 22299Ben

Female Posts : 253
Fashion points : 210

Back to top Go down

Post by Bubbles1419 on Mon Jun 18, 2012 6:58 pm

No scores yet? Shocked I'm getting nervous for you guys! Good Luck!
Bubbles1419
As Bubbles1419

Female Posts : 164
Fashion points : 188

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicolla on Mon Jun 18, 2012 7:02 pm

i know! i cant tell who is going to get eliminated??
Nicolla
As 22299Ben

Back to top Go down

Post by Joan Talls on Mon Jun 18, 2012 8:19 pm

RESULTS UP

C.
Joan Talls
Fashion Legendary

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicolla on Mon Jun 18, 2012 8:31 pm

Im so sorry to see leeloo go! she was so gorgeous! and a beautiful photo was given! Im sorry leeloo!
Nicolla
As 22299Ben

Back to top Go down

Post by Bubbles1419 on Mon Jun 18, 2012 8:32 pm

I'm really shocked! But all the same congrats Camela you really deserve it!

I'm so sorry Leeloo! I really like your picture! Sad to see you go!
Bubbles1419
As Bubbles1419

Female Posts : 164
Fashion points : 188

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicolla on Mon Jun 18, 2012 8:36 pm

I agree! im truly shocked i thought the bottom 2 were going to be the last 2 standing! i do agree again! Camelia, did really deserve first call out Smile but im so shocked leeloo is gone...wow...!
Nicolla
As 22299Ben

Back to top Go down

Post by Leeloo on Tue Jun 19, 2012 1:44 am

Thank you very much to the judges for their comments which were clearly not in agreement ... Laughing
For Cbon I did not understand the theme while Pia is fine ... Rolling Eyes
Finally what is sure is that I did my best and I am delighted to have participated in this competition.
Good luck to all the remaining candidates ! Wink
Leeloo
As Bettyboopjade

Female Posts : 126
Fashion points : 160

http://bettyboopjade.canalblog.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Jordan on Tue Jun 19, 2012 3:25 am

Thanks for your nice comments judges ! I know that my weakness is the decor, I really need to improve this... And for the make-over, I didn't saw that we had to respect it, i'm dumb Laughing
Anyway, i'm sorry for you Leeloo, you've been super contestant, wish you the best <3
Jordan
As Caroline's Jam

Female Posts : 317
Fashion points : 286

http://lesroisdublabla.forumgratuit.org/

Back to top Go down

Post by Leeloo on Tue Jun 19, 2012 5:03 am

I would still say this because it bothers me since a while ago ... Rolling Eyes
First let me say that I am neither bitter nor bad loser this defeat but in life in general I like things that are clear and where there are things that I do not understand.
First of all about the pose enough of sports Leeloo.
5.6 on the seventh and pictures of examples that you gave, the poses are not particularly athletic.
Then, at your evalution of the theme ...
Here I do not understand anything ...
Whether for the images of Allison or mine, Circa and Julia find that the theme is respected and Cbon not at all ...
So whether you like the clothes or the image in general it is personal taste or not but respect the theme should be unanimous among all the judges I think.
Because if you are already disagree on what you should or should not the theme, how do you want candidates to know?
I emphasize again that there is no malice nor any aggression in my message but I just want to understand. Wink
Leeloo
As Bettyboopjade

Back to top Go down

Post by Camelia on Tue Jun 19, 2012 5:18 am

Leeloo T_T I'm sad to see you leave this week ><

I'm a little surprised too by the results, mostly by the diversity of opinions about the outfits ^^" (like Leeloo asked, a bit of explanations would be welcome to avoid such mistakes in the futur)

But well, thanks for the first place (I wasn't expecting it, I thought it would be Sofia *w*)
Camelia
As Wawazabi

Fashion points : 93

http://creazabi.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Saphira Silvermoon-Chanel on Tue Jun 19, 2012 8:04 am

Congrats to Camelia, your picture was really amazing Smile
Leeloo I am sorry to see you go and I agree on your mentioned points.
It's kinda like a slap to get from favorite to worst... I know I had a lot of trouble with this one which made a result of 3 pictures with different burdens on each expected category <.<
Will do my best to do better next time Smile Thanks for letting me stay

Trendsetter in Training

Back to top Go down

Post by Sofia Phillis on Tue Jun 19, 2012 9:30 am

Thanks for your comments and the 2nd place! Smile
I'm so sad for you Leeloo, really I know you could do better and better, day after day, cause you're talented! Send you all my love I love you (and well, I understand you're incomprehension!)
Sofia Phillis
As SimsVoices

Female Posts : 205
Fashion points : 227

http://simsvoices.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by piriel on Tue Jun 19, 2012 11:41 am

I loooove your picture, Camelia ! I was sure you win the first place with it !
But I do not agree with the rest of the results... I don't agree with Leeloo's elimination... I agree with mentioned points, Betty is right.
piriel
Fashion Anonymous

Fashion points : 120

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicolla on Tue Jun 19, 2012 12:15 pm

Yes, i agree as well, the points are scattered and so confusing...
Nicolla
As 22299Ben

Back to top Go down

Post by Chloe on Tue Jun 19, 2012 1:28 pm

Oh no Betty ! You leave ?? You did so good things from the beginning that I'm realllly surprised !!
And I totally agreed with what you said and it happened also for the others contestants !!

Congrats Camelia <3
Chloe
Trendsetter in Training

Female Posts : 255
Fashion points : 240

http://my-sims-3-studio.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Saphira Silvermoon-Chanel on Wed Jun 20, 2012 8:14 am

Piriel just being curious... who in your opinion should be eliminated instead? O_O

Trendsetter in Training

Back to top Go down

Post by piriel on Wed Jun 20, 2012 11:45 am

I don't really know.
This is a difficult choice (I know it, I am judge in a French modeling contest !) Wink If you are implying that you should have to be eliminated, know that I really liked your work but it did not meet the theme I think. Smile
piriel
Fashion Anonymous

Fashion points : 120

Back to top Go down

Post by Saphira Silvermoon-Chanel on Wed Jun 20, 2012 12:19 pm

Oh that is totally okay Smile
I have been judging competitions as well for longer than 6 months now and I have to say I always consider people's previous work too, especially when it goes towards the end like we do now.
I like the system of point comparison before making the decision of who to keep in. People can HAVE bad days, or difficulties with an assignment, it happens.
And after this round I still have 2nd most points in the whole Contest.

I respect your opinion, but I kinda see the point of the movement of the judges and their reasons for it as well :/
And I'm not saying that because I am affected. I would feel the same if - for example - it were Sofia instead of me.

Trendsetter in Training

Back to top Go down

Post by Amylet on Wed Jun 20, 2012 6:18 pm

Oh no!! Leeloo! Sad
Anyway, good luck to the other constants! Smile

But I agree with what Betty said, because when I read this I just thought "WTF?!!?!" :
You understood what we asked you
and...
You too did not really understand the theme this week...
Lol Laughing

Amylet
Fashion Anonymous

Female Posts : 39
Fashion points : 39

Back to top Go down

Post by Joan Talls on Wed Jun 20, 2012 7:51 pm

Ok, so just to stop all this unecessary kind of "drama" around the theme thing, I'm going to clearify. It was clearly written in the text that we were looking for pictures in which we wanted to see athletism, health and fitness. We wanted to see SPORT not STREETWEAR or any kind of stuff like that. Easy to understand. Then, we wanted that in a Fashion way, and put the exemple pictures to show you the way to take. Then you had the choice of multiple way to do this assignment and make it "sport" through the setting, pose or styling. It's obvious that the only ones that did it, this week perfectly are Camelia and Jordan. Then all the other tries are all too fashion and less sport, or too streetstyle to be sport. So what's helped is the quality of the image, the edits and the previous works on all the competition lenght. That's it.

For the rating, each judge has his own expectations and way of rating and we can disagree. As long as the competition get tougher and tougher I'll be stricter and stricter Smile.

C.
Joan Talls
Fashion Legendary

Back to top Go down

Post by Leeloo on Thu Jun 21, 2012 4:11 am

So already thank you for taking the time to answer Cbon.
I do not think there was drama here ... just people who ask for explanations. Rolling Eyes
You say that the theme was easy to understand ... but obviously you're the only one to think !
I think you either you have also misunderstood my picture ...
I did not want to represent streetwear fashion but street sports such as dance, basketball, rollerblading, skateboarding ...
Leeloo ok then do not practice on the picture but other than Camélia nobody has represented a simette playing sports.
Since the beginning you said to look any further, not to stay too close to the theme of low ...
On the theme of princesses, you reproached me for having stayed too close to Disney so when I saw "Sport-inspired" I did not imagine for a second that you wanted to "stupidly" an image to a sports ...
Especially since it's not at all what was on the example photos !
Moreover, the judges are in disagreement with their personal tastes ok but compared to the themes.
If it was so easy to understand that differences in ratings that you would not be so gross!
That you're not a severe problem but the problem is that there was no consistency in your expectations.
Finally, in my case I'm already gone to something else, I'm not going around in circles on it but I just wanted you to express yourself on it.
Leeloo
As Bettyboopjade

Back to top Go down

Post by Joan Talls on Thu Jun 21, 2012 10:13 am

Well, first I've never asked or said that we wanted your sims to practice sport. EVER. Second, the exemple pictures clearly showed that we wanted "stupidly" sports image in a fashion way. And Third, there IS consistency in my expectations as long as I'm always looking for something high-fashion, for each assignment since the first one of the fisrt cycle.

C.
Joan Talls
Fashion Legendary

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next